One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Monday, March 18, 2013

Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge #54 (Snowman Theme) AND the Online Pattern Paper class!

I think I have mentioned before how I get overwhelmed with pattern paper and also a bit intimidated by it...so when the Online Card Class came up with a class for Pattern Paper usage I thought that might be just what I need to use up my stash...And Lo and Behold, I watched the first day of the Online Class and Kristina Werner came up with this simple design sketch and talked about the pattern papers and what to look for etc.  So I decided to combine a card for that class along with the Merry Monday theme being "Snowmen" this week!  I love snowmen...and I have a couple of stamps that have never seen ink...this might just be the time to get them inky and give me a couple of extra Christmas cards not to mention practice with selecting pattern paper!  This set of pattern paper did all come from one set:  PTI: Holiday Flourishes and Swirls Patter Pack.  I think I am second guessing myself on the tiny dots...I almost feel like it needs to be solid, at least around the snowman.  The top edge of the card was cut back about 1/2 inch and then the scallop was taped to the back side of the front of the card...I like it and think I will learn a lot in this class and maybe stop being a horder with pattern paper!


Paper:  PTI rustic cream,, white, holiday Flourishes and Swirls pattern pack
stamp:  Unity stamp
die:  nestability circle, PTI small scallop
misc:  may arts jute 
copics for coloring the snowman 

12 comments:

Marjan said...

You did very well with your patterned papers! Including the dotted circle. Love the snowman, such a cutie!

Pam from Maine said...

So cute and nice work with the patterned papers.

Sue Ellen Sherer said...

Adorable card!

robinski said...

I love that Unity Snowman. I have him too! I love the way you used the patterned papers! You definitely mastered today's lesson. TFS!

Notes by Nina said...

Very cute card Colleen, your snowman is adorable and I love the papers. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Tracey McNeely said...

Colleen that is the cutest little chubby snowman, an adorable card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Merry Monday

carol (krillsister) said...

I too am intimitated with pattern paper. wish I had signed up for this class.
Love the snowman; he's darling.
Great layout too.

Bonnie said...

This is really cute, Colleen! I thought about taking that class because I'm really timid about using paper. Too scary for now. Maybe I'll get braver as time goes on! Thanks for sharing this delightful card with us at Merry Monday! You've used the DP like a pro!

anja curvers said...

Such a cute card Colleen and thank you for the link of this blog I joined in to but used a santa instaed of a snowman so I'm going to make another card.

Allisa said...

I have seen so many great cards come out of this class! I really need to sign up if they have it again! Super cute snowman! Love the mix of pattern papers. Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday!

Inkyfingers said...

I love how you have mixed these papers to make such a jolly card.

Wendy said...

I have always been intimidated by using a variety of pattern papers too but you've done a beautiful job here, Colleen! Love the colors & prints on your papers and that snowman is colored perfectly! Fabulous card!
Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)